Timber Rattlesnake Surveys
Our team includes several rattlesnake experts with a comprehensive list of herpetological qualifications, both across North America and abroad.
- Habitat Assessments: Our staff are certified to identify sites within project areas that are likely to support Timber Rattlesnakes. These areas are often associated with rocky outcrops, talus slopes, and boulder fields.
- Presence/Absence Surveys: Once Timber Rattlesnake habitat is located, our staff are qualified to survey the area for the presence of rattlesnake populations. If rattlesnakes are found, we assess the area to determine if is being used for basking, foraging, denning, or reproduction.
- Construction Monitoring: Our staff are available to monitor active construction sites to minimize impact on local Timber Rattlesnake populations. If rattlesnakes are found during construction, we are qualified to handle and move them to a safer location.
- Comprehensive Reporting: Our reports contain all necessary information required by the regulatory agencies to evaluate a project. Specifically, we provide detailed site descriptions, high quality maps, photographs, and all required data collected at each site.
- Radio telemetry Projects: Our staff are trained in the surgical implantation of radio transmitters in snakes. These transmitters enable us to track the snakes to locate sensitive habitats, document disturbance, and answer other research and management questions.
- Venomous Snake Safety Briefings: These briefings are provided to construction workers whose work location may bring them into contact with venomous snakes.