Wildlife Specialists has completed more than 26 major habitat management projects totaling over 3,500 acres of treated area. We have worked for the PA Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (DCNR), PA Game Commission (PGC), United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), and private individuals. We are certified by the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture (PDA) to apply herbicides and pesticides in categories 5 (Forest Pests), 6 (Ornamental and Shade Trees), 9 (Aquatic Pests), and 10 (Right of Way and Weeds).
- Timber stand improvement: We use hand felling and stem treatment herbicides to control undesirable trees in a woodlot. We complete hundreds of acres of hack-and-squirt and basal spray herbicide applications every year.
- Spotted lanternfly: We can eliminate invasive host plants and apply systemic insecticides to control this devastating exotic pest.
- Invasive plants: We are experienced with foliar herbicide applications, cut stump herbicide applications, and a variety of other methods to control mile-a-minute, honeysuckle, multiflora rose, Japanese knotweed, Japanese stiltgrass, and other invasive plants.
- Tree planting: We specialize in planting native trees and shrubs for wildlife.
- Aquatic herbicides: We can provide weed and algae control in ponds, lakes, and other water bodies while respecting the complex ecology of these sensitive ecosystems.