Bird Surveys and Monitoring
Our staff has a broad range of birding experience setting up projects, conducting the field surveys, analyzing the findings, and serving in various roles on statewide technical committees.
- Breeding Bird Surveys: Following state and federal protocols Wildlife Specialists biologists conduct a wide range of breeding bird surveys. From area searches to point count surveys our biologists are trained in the sight and songs of Eastern North American bird species including state and federal endangered and threatened species. We also have the ability to set-up breeding bird monitoring for Wind Energy Development, Utility Towers, and Natural Gas Development.
- Migratory Bird Surveys: Our field biologists are able to conduct migratory bird surveys for Airports, Wind Energy, and Natural Gas Development. Wildlife Specialists biologists are trained to identify non-breeding and irregular visitor species in migration to their wintering or breeding grounds.
- Raptor Migration Surveys: Surveys are conducted during autumn and spring migrations. Our biologists conduct Raptor Migration surveys, counting numbers and identifying raptor species for Utility Projects and Wind Energy Development.
- Species of Special Concern Surveys: including State and Federal Rare, Threatened and Endangered Species: Northern Goshawk, Northern Harrier, Bald Eagle, Upland Sandpiper, Henslow’s sparrow, Dickcissel, Great Egret, Sedge Wren, and Short-eared Owl. Wildlife Specialists biologists are trained in the state and federal protocols for conducting endangered and threatened species surveys. Our field staff is experienced in the sight and sound of species of special concern and their habitats and behaviors.
- Mortality Monitoring for Wind Energy projects: In addition to our other Bird Monitoring Services, we are able to conduct on-the-ground bird mortality searches associated with utility towers, Wind Energy Development, and Airports.
- Analysis and Reporting: Upon completion of bird monitoring field assessments, we provide our clients with reports designed to meet their specific needs. Reports contain all necessary information required by the regulatory agencies to evaluate a project. Specifically, we provide detailed habitat descriptions, high quality maps, photographs, and all data collected at each site.