Our Ecological experts bring their many years of combined knowledge and experience to your property. We will compile a comprehensive team qualified to thoroughly inventory the species and habitats to meet your management needs.
- General Wildlife and Habitat Inventory: Ecologists will map the habitats of your property and compile a list of species observed using it. This includes terrestrial and aquatic surveys to suit specific landowner needs.
- Bat Surveys and Monitoring: Acoustical detection, mist-netting, harp trapping, cave and mine surveys, and mortality monitoring. We provide qualified expertise for threatened and endangered species including Indiana and Eastern Small-footed Bats.
- Reptile and Amphibian Surveys: Habitat and species surveys for the Timber Rattlesnake, Bog Turtle, Wood Turtle, Green Salamander, and many other species.
- Allegheny Woodrat Surveys: Habitat, sign, presence/live-trapping, and remote camera surveys.
- Bird Surveys: Raptor migration counts, breeding bird surveys, mortality monitoring, rare, threatened and endangered species Habitat Suitability Assessments and presence/absence surveys including Northern Goshawk, Northern Harrier, Bald Eagle, Short-eared Owl, Long-eared Owl, Upland Sandpiper and American Bittern, among others.
- Rare Plant Surveys: Qualified surveyors for most plant species in the northeastern United States including Northeastern Bulrush.
- Invasive Plant Surveys: We map the invasive species within project areas, document their spread, and plan and implement control measures.
- Stream and Pond Aquatic Bioassays: Wildlife Specialists offers stream and pond quality assessment via assays of water chemistry and invertebrate, fish, and vegetative communities with cooperation through certified laboratories.
- Wetland Delineation: Comprehensive wetland assessments by professionally trained staff using the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ 1987 Manual and Regional Supplements.
- Habitat Enhancement / Mitigation: Our staff are experienced in both design and implementation of habitat mitigation/enhancement plans for sensitive species.